Thursday may have started with some showers and cool temperatures, but the weekend is looking glorious with temperatures in the low 80s and sunshine for days. Enjoy the “sweet spot” of mid-summer with some of the activities, events and shows listed on our Weekend Event Calendar. And, even though there aren’t any major festivals this weekend, there are plenty of things to celebrate about our home here in Thurston County. To see all the things going on in the Olympia area, visit our full events calendar online. And remember – you can submit your own event from this page anytime.
- Donate a pint of blood now through Saturday for a $5 voucher to Fish Brewing in the Pint for Pint challenge.
- Rev your engines at the Cruise at the Creek Car show and event this weekend. Details here.
- Cheer for the amazing stunt dogs at their weekend shows at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Sign your gamer up for video game design camp this August.
- Head to Hood Canal for some camping at one of these 4 family-friendly campgrounds or 4 hidden camping spots.
- Take the whole family to see Apple Tree Production’s “Alice in Wonderland” all weekend at Capitol Theater.
- Head to The Landing at Hawks Prairie for their annual Military Appreciation Day on Saturday.
- Earn your Junior Ranger badge on Saturday at Priest Point Park. Register here.
- Celebrate our heritage at Oregon Trail Days in Tenino all day Saturday.
- Pick some berries. Blueberry farms are beginning to open!
- Take a walking tour of the 2017 Percival Plinth sculptures (and vote for your favorite) with our comprehensive guide.
- Hike to a stunning view.
- Meet the Beach this weekend with guided marine exploration at Frye Cover, Burfoot and Tolmie.
- Float the Nisqually. First trip this Saturday with others to come.
- Laugh and smile at the musical comedy, “First Date”, held over by Harlequin Productions.
- Enjoy an outdoor concert with the Missy G Band followed by Zootopia on the big screen at Lacey In Tune this Saturday night.
- Explore the wonders of the Puget Sound at night during Saturday’s Pier Peer at Boston Harbor. Register here.
- Browse our list of 25+ fun family activities for summer. What will you do?
- Send your daughter to fire fighter camp this summer.
- Meet Olympia School District’s new superintendent while sipping your morning coffee.
- Sign up for a trip with Senior Services Travel Program.
- Learn about the athletes in the Washington Senior Games, underway now. This article includes a schedule link, too.
- Plan a weekend trip to explore the Hamma Hamma region. It’s gorgeous.
- Visit the Olympia Farmer’s Market and grab a “to-go” treat from Yummy Local Foods.
- Learn about salmon poisoning in dogs before hitting the trails with Fido.
- Dig steamer clams on Hood Canal. All you need to know for a successful trip found here.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.