Trick or treat? Scary or serene? Pumpkin patch or pumpkin spice? Whatever your Olympia Halloween weekend (and into Monday) plans are, ThurstonTalk has you covered. Check out our Halloween stories at the links below.
- Pick a pumpkin or navigate a maze.
- Take a “haunted” hike.
- Visit the Molinski house on Tumwater hill for frights and thrills.
- Travel to a ghost town without leaving the county.
- Experience another ghost town at Bourdeaux, Washington. Chills guaranteed.
- Trick or Treat. This list from 2015 is still a big help making plans.
- Play with your family using this list of fall fun.
- Attend the “Boo Bash” or choose one of the other 10 things to do at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Stretch your legs on a perfect fall hike. Options for all ages.
- Get creeped out at Avanti High School’s Haunted House.
- Fill your candy bag and play at the carnival at Saint Martin’s University on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Leave the littles at home and head to Quinault Beach Resort and Casino’s Halloween Bash and Nightmare Ball.
- Trick or Treat through downtown Olympia. Details for this annual event found here.
Looking for some non-Halloween (ok…some of it still is) fun? Find great reads and ideas for weekend outings here.
- Meet Mariner veteran star Edgar Martinez at DICK’S Sporting Goods grand opening.
- Nibble and sip at The Mouse Trap’s Friday night wine and cheese tasting.
- Celebrate the 2016 YWCA Women of Achievement at the Washington Center on Friday.
- Check out the newest resource for families when injuries happen. Oly Ortho’s ROC clinic is now open 7 days a week.
- Play some BINGO, Rocky Horror style at the Olympia Center. Details here.
- Support the Tenino Combined PTA at Saturday morning’s Pumpkin Dash 5/10K.
- Pull on your work gloves and improve South Sound Prairies for our local bat populations on Saturday at 10 a.m.
- View the chum salmon migration at Kennedy Creek. Open Saturday and Sunday.
- Browse the best of vintage at Seattle Children’s Hospital Bargain Boutique’s special event.
- Kick your heels up on Saturday night at the Steamboat Stringband Harvest Party.
- Volunteer with the Stream Team on Sunday to improve local beaver habitat.
- Visit the Olympia Farmers Market on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for special events. Hint: wear your costume!
- Learn about the mysterious world of Wat Prachum Raingsey then visit the Yelm Buddhist temple.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.