March finally showed it’s true colors with wind and rain and chilly temps, but the few days of sun earlier this week were glorious. Whether you have outdoor or indoor aspirations this weekend, ThurstonTalk’s list of happenings around Olympia, Lacey Tumwater and beyond will have something that appeals to everyone in the family. As always, find full listings of events on our Events Calendar tab.
- Grab your friends and enjoy the a cappella sounds at the Harmony Sweepstakes competition.
- Support Seven Oaks Elementary teacher, Mr. Bittrick’s fight against ALS at Saturday’s fundraiser.
- Tour the Tugboat Sand Man all weekend long.
- Start your Easter planning now with our list of local Easter Egg Hunts and events.
- Get caffeinated at Dutch Bros new Tumwater location.
- Start spring cleaning. The Olympia Saturday Drop-off site is now open.
- Catch a showing of Harlequin Productions’ newest show, The Art of Racing in the Rain.
- See local singer/songwriter Kimya Dawson at the Lacey Library on Friday.
- Crack crab at the South Bay Fire Department’s 40th annual crab feed on Saturday.
- Pitch in at a Madison Scenic Park volunteer party on Saturday from 10:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Submit your application for the SPSCC Dental Assisting program.
- Learn about the Senate and House page programs for youth.
- Visit Standing Room Only theater in Yelm for Arsenic and Old Lace all weekend.
- Support RFAM at Saturday’s fundraising event. Learn about RFAM in this story.
- Sign up for 8 Arms Bakery’s kid and adult baking classes. First one is March 10.
- Stay in and have dinner delivered. This list includes restaurants all over the county.
- Explore the new app from Providence for pregnant women.
- Spend your Saturday at the Lacey Ethnic Celebration.
- Exercise then indulge at Sunday morning’s Donut Dash 5K and kid’s 1 mile.
- Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Martin Leon