It’s a three-day weekend for many of us around Thurston County and there are plenty of things to fill your three days off. From theater shows and indoor explorations to viewing the raging Tumwater Falls, there’s something for everyone. Including many opportunities around the county to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday.
- Take the kids to Olympia Family Theater for their Friday daytime show of Just So Stories.
- Order your Christmas Tree pick up from the local Boy Scouts. They are extending their tree pick up offerings to Sunday, January 14. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Explore our amazing National and State Parks on Monday’s free day.
- Experience a Kid’s Film Festival with free (under 12) short films on Saturday morning at Capitol Theater.
- Stroll the pathways of Billy Franks Jr. Nisqually Wildlife Refuge and discover the host of winter birds.
- Take a walking tour of downtown Olympia’s brewpubs.
- Join Nisqually Land Trust at their tree planting event. Details here.
- Stretch your legs at The Elvis Dash 5K hosted by The Strong Center on Saturday.
- Grab your gloves for a MLK Day of Service at Mission Creek Nature Park.
- Plan some new ink with Olympia Tattoo Co.’s Stacie Jascott.
- Use this guide to help your teen (or yourself) navigate college applications.
- Explore the natural world while staying indoors at the Hands On Children’s Museum’s Nature Play weekend.
- Stay indoors with Thrifty Thurston’s indoor family fun suggestions.
- Don your rain slicker for a day of beachcombing along the Washington Coast.
- Add 12 months of healthy activities to your calendar with this ThurstonTalk 2018 guide.
- See Iron Rabbit’s sustainable practices in person (and skip doing the dishes) this weekend.
- Head for the hills and find some snow.
- Grab a hot breakfast at Tumwater’s new Biscuit House inside Toyota of Olympia.
- Sign up now for this upcoming, local 3-on-3 basketball tournament.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Chris Hamilton