It’s incredible that August is almost half over. Thankfully, there are still summer events going on so you can make the most of what’s left before school starts up again. From mermaids and pirates to a taco and pepper beer festival, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County this weekend. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Enjoy food, fun and animals at the Southwest Washington Fair in Chehalis.
- Meet the Pyrates of the Coast at Hands On Children’s Museum August 16-17.
- Eat your fill at the Taco and Pepper Beer Festival at Three Magnets Brewing August 16.
- Head to the Washington Midsummer Renassiance Faire for their final weekend August 17-18.
- Support local kids wtih the Warrior B.E.A.R.S. Ride for the Red Shield Scrabble Run in Maytown August 17.
- Sample some local craft beer at the Tumwater Artesian Brewfest August 17.
- See cool cars and listen to hot tunes at the free Panorama Car Show August 17.
- Celebrate local talent at Ballet Northwest’s Young Choreographers Showcase August 17.
- Find some new books at the Friends of Olympia Library Children’s Book Sale at Olympia Timberland Library August 17.
- Relax with Garden Yoga and Tour at Westport Winery August 18.
- Check out a Konnex Paint and Sip event near you.
- Stay cool with these fun tips from Thrifty Thurston.
- Taste the amazing ingredients at Stone Creek Wood Fired Pizza.
- Get your tickets for The Simon & Garfunkel Story at the Washinton Center for the Performing Arts.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Featured photo credit: Chris Hamilton