Fall certainly came quickly with cooler weather and rain! You don’t have to be sad about summer coming to an end though, because there are lots of fun things waiting for you this weekend! Whether you want to go on a walk, see the salmon return or party for Oktoberfest, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey and throughout Thurston County. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Help create a masterpiece for the Fall Art Walk at Captain Little’s Craft Night September 20.
- Have an adult-only evening with a Bordeaux wine tasting at Grand Vin Wine Merchants September 20.
- Get in the Halloween spirit with a corn maze, haunted maze and zombie paintball at Rutledge Corn Maze, opening September 21.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest at Olympia Elks Lodge September 21.
- Welcome fall with a farm and nursery tour at Burnt Ridge Nursery September 21.
- Catch the return of the salmon at WET Science Center September 21.
- Show your love for your Pitty at the 10th annual Love a Pitbull Day and Olympia Bully Walk at Marathon Park September 21.
- Listen to past and present Laureates read their work at the 2019 LaureateFest at Saint Martin’s University September 21.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Heritage Park in Lacey September 22.
- See a live cabaret show, “Just Between Friends,” at the HUB at Lacey September 22.
- Enjoy a walk with the Capitol Volkssport Club at Bayview Thriftway September 22.
- Get your tickets for Sip, Savor, & Stroll.
- Purchase your tickets to the BIG Auction and meet a real racehorse October 12.
- Get your tickets for Che Apalache at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.
- Prepare your home for fall with Boggs Inspection Services’ Fall Maintenance Checklist.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.