Let’s talk turkey. Or rather, how about stuffing and potatoes and PIE! I’m in the throes of menu planning, delegating duties to my family members and organizing enough space for everyone to have a place to lie their heads. If you are staying in town for Thanksgiving weekend, we are going to have *loads* of fresh content to help you entertain your out-of-town visitors (or even the feisty ones in town).
In the meantime, here are ideas on what to do this weekend, leading up to Thanksgiving, around Olympia. Cheers!
- Shop at one of the 7 holiday bazaars listed on our calendar for this weekend. See the list here.
- Learn from the biggest names in Bigfoot research during this weekend’s Sasquatch Summit at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino.
- Catch live music on Friday night at the Campbell & Campbell Event Center.
- Pick up locally grown cranberries at the Olympia Farmers Market this weekend.
- Visit Olympia High School’s BEARzaar on Saturday.
- Walk the Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail on Saturday or Sunday.
- Figure out ‘who dun it’ at a murder mystery dinner theater at Pellegrino’s Event Center. The event is scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights.
- Watch one of North Thurston High School’s performances of ‘Bye Bye Birdie.’
- Liven up your Saturday evening with flamenco dancing at Pizzeria la Gitana in downtown Olympia.
- Learn about owls on Sunday afternoon at the Olympia Timberland Library.
- Delight in a fundraising dinner on Sunday evening at Eastside Urban Farm and Garden.
- Put Shipwreck Beads Artisan Market on your calendar. It’s slated for November 28.
- Plan a staycation in Hoodsport.
- Get tips and ideas to waste less food this holiday season.
- Plan to attend Jim Brickman’s November 30 concert in Olympia.
- Cheer for the stunt dogs that arrive at The Washington Center on Sunday. Ticket information for the two shows can be found here.
- Find the perfect read at Browser’s Books in downtown Olympia.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.