ThurstonTalk.com has opened a limited internship opportunity to Thurston County high school students interested in writing for our community social network. A special thank you to Hometown Property Management owner, Andrew Barkis, for partially sponsoring this experience for high school students.
The internship will run from September 2017 – June 2018 and is open to all Thurston County students entering grades 10 through 12.
This internship is experiential instead of instructional. Interns will meet for one orientation and receive guidance and support from editorial staff. Feedback will be given as needed however interns will not receive instruction.
What Interns will experience:
- Content published with your own byline on www.thurstontalk.com
- Exposure to the workings of a profitable, innovative digital media company
- Insight into and experience with the freelance writing process
- Connections with professional editors and recognized business leaders
- Flexibility to complete assignments on your own schedule
- Opportunity to source and pitch story ideas important to you and your peers
What ThurstonTalk expects:
- One article with four photos (minimum) submitted each month by deadline
- Exceptional, error-free content that matches our platform’s voice and style
- Consistent follow-through on commitments
- Prompt communication via email with editorial staff
- Sincere interest in what ThurstonTalk creates for the community
- Initiative to ask for what you want to learn, communicate needs and ask questions
- Introduce yourself in two to three sentences and include two or three goals you hope an internship with ThurstonTalk will fulfill by the end of the school year.
- Write 200 – 300 words that share why you love your community.
- Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 19, 2017.
- Include your name, school, grade level and contact phone number.
Questions can be directed to ThurstonTalk at email@example.com.