Hi Olympia. With less than a week before the official start of fall, it’s already begun to feel like the season is changing. I’ve noticed some more fall colors on my usual driving routes and my chickens have started roosting a bit earlier each night. Our events calendar has already started making a change into more indoor activities. You can find the full calendar here but here are a few highlights for this weekend.
- Check out live music at Miss Moffett’s Mystical Cupcakes on Friday night. Get details for this adults-only event here.
- Support Sheriff Snaza’s rehabilitation with a pancake fundraiser on Saturday morning. There are two locations – Mr. Doug’s Restaurant in Yelm and Seventeen51 Restaurant at Panorama.
- Sign your favorite kid up for a dance clinic with the Capital High School Cougarettes on Saturday. Get registration details here.
- Fill your fridge with produce from the Olympia Farmers Market.
- Step into Saturday’s Kids Night Out at the new dance studio, KAOS. Learn more in this article.
- Listen to Emerald City Music’s debut performance at the Minnaert Center on Saturday.
- Check out the salmon migrating through downtown Olympia.
- Support the new Habitat for Humanity homeowners at their dedication ceremony on Saturday.
- Participate in the Morningside Ride on Sunday morning.
- Plan ahead for this dance fundraiser slated for October 8.
- Stroll through the rose garden at the Schmidt Mansion.
- Grab your friends and head out on the South Sound Wine Trail. Go along with our writer in this article.
- Head out to Shelton and try their #1 rated disc golf course.
- Bowl a few frames at Aztec Lanes.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Photo credit: Kim Merriman.