This week we passed, officially, into the season of fall. Many of us have already transitioned mentally into autumn with the return of children to school and football to Sundays. Now, the physical changes are catching up. Trees are starting to turn, the skies are a deep blue (when they aren’t grey), the lawn is greening back up (and needing mowing) and the air is crisp and refreshing. Fall is hands down my favorite season and this weekend there are a myriad of ways to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather in the forecast. There are so many things listed for this weekend, we can only highlight some below. Visit our full events calendar at ThurstonTalk.com for many more options around town.
- Raise a pint of Dick’s Beer Friday night at the Pellegrino’s Event Center’s Oktoberfest dinner and beer tasting.
- Pitch in at the United Way Day of Caring on Friday (or say thank you to the volunteers you’ll see around town).
- Enjoy live Jazz or the Visual Arts at SPSCC’s Minnaert Center on Friday evening.
- Take the family out to breakfast for National Pancake Day on Saturday at one of these 15 options.
- Book tickets for one of the amazing shows this fall at 30 year Olympia landmark, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts.
- Support KAOS Community Radio during their fund drive all weekend long.
- Sign up for a CPR class. A few hours spent learning could save a life.
- Read a novel by Jess Walter in preparation for his lecture coming up next week.
- Catch the Olympia Little Theater’s production of the popular film “Calendar Girls”.
- Explore local parks on Saturday for free for National Public Lands Day
- Talk like a pirate at Gabi’s Olympic Cards and Comics fundraiser for childhood cancer, “Pirate Booty for Ethan” on Saturday.
- Learn more about Sequoia’s Treehouse Childcare and Preschool at their Saturday Open House.
- Get your jewelry appraised for free at the Gift Gallery in Tumwater’s Saturday event.
- Pick out your perfect pickles to enter in the 5th Annual Olympia Supply Pickle Contest.
- Paddle to quiet solitude at Hope Island State Park.
- Raise funds for cancer by shopping, eating and enjoying downtown Olympia at Saturday’s Cut-A-Thon hosted by Luxe for Style.
- Celebrate a local treasure at the Nisqually Watershed Festival on Saturday. Details found here.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Abby’s Cookies and Cupcakes and learn Abby’s story here.
- Plan an outing to Burfoot Park. Details on all the park offers found here.
- Find something special at downtown Olympia’s new Blackbird Mercantile and Trading Company.
- Road trip to Hood Canal.Seven awesome stops listed here.
- Run or walk a 5K (and enjoy a beer) to “Hold Fast” for Jim Brown. Learn more about Jim here.
- Say “cheers” at Fish Brewing Company’s Saturday Oktoberfest party.
- Engage your comic or graphic novel-loving child with published authors at a special Sunday Olympia library event.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.