I counted it out with my daughter earlier this week. We’re almost to the half-way point in the summer (at least if you are keeping track on school calendars). Make the most of the second half of summer in Olympia. Use the ThurstonTalk activities section or our full event calendar to plan your fun.
Here’s what is going on around Olympia this weekend.
- Support SafePlace Olympia on Friday night and dance the night away with a variety of bands. Find complete event information here.
- Lace up your sneakers for the Grow in the Dark 5k Run on Friday night. Register on site.
- Gear up for the Thurston County Fair. Educational opportunities abound when the Fair is open July 29 – August 2.
- Head out to Ocean Shores for the annual Hog Wild Weekend at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino.
- Awaken your pioneer spirit at the Tenino Oregon Trail Days this weekend. Find more information in this article.
- Spend an evening listening to Cascadia Irish Music. The performance happens on Friday night at Evergreen. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Catch a performance of Harlequin Productions‘ Sixties Chicks Too.
- Enjoy tasty morsels and massive mushroom knowledge during the Pacific Northwest Mushroom Festival. Get a schedule of events here.
- Welcome Jorstad Creek to the downtown Olympia neighborhood. The yarn and fiber company celebrates their grand opening on Friday and Saturday.
- Show your spirit for Hempfest, happening in downtown Olympia on Saturday and Sunday.
- Head over to Sequoia’s Treehouse for a family fun day on Saturday. Take a peek at their new childcare and preschool facility inspired by nature.
- Celebrate Radiance Herbs and Massage’s 40th anniversary with a party in Sylvester Park on Saturday evening.
- Enjoy a free family movie at the Capitol Theater at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- Take a Sand Man Tugboat tour this weekend.
- Play at the Artesian Commons on Saturday afternoon with your family.
- Take in some live music at Music 6000’s Summer Fest on Saturday afternoon. Admission is just some canned food for the Thurston County Food Bank.
- Enjoy a live animal show at Huntamer Park on Saturday night. The family friendly event is part of the free Lacey In Tune series.
- Watch Disney’s Jungle Book after the live animal entertainment on Saturday night at Huntamer Park.
- Sing your heart out with karaoke Pellegrino’s on Saturday night.
- Get your home brew started for Dick’s Brewing Company’s annual competition.
- Rock music is on stage at Campbell & Campbell Events on Saturday evening.
- Run the For The City 5k race on Sunday morning to benefit Fostering Together – Thurston County.
- Listen to the Olympia Symphony Orchestra play a free outdoor concert on Sunday evening. Get complete details here.
- Share the news with your Lewis County friends. We’re launching LewisTalk.com in October. Freelance writing jobs are available now.
- Keep it cheap and use our list of 25 Free Things To Do With Kids around Olympia this summer.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.