We flipped the calendar to 2015 and for better or worse, it’s a new year with a fresh start. Did you make a resolution to eat healthier or make more time for your own passions? Are you setting a fitness goal and working to stick to it? Whatever your plans for 2015, ThurstonTalk wishes you health, happiness and peace.
- Find local options to recycle your Christmas tree here.
- Put razor clams on the table. Digs continue through the weekend. Here is the tide schedule.
- Keep money in your pocket and take the kids to Free Friday Night at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Try one of our 10 winter walks this weekend while the sun is shining.
- Sign up the kids for a cooking class at Bayview School of Cooking on Saturday morning.
- Catch a semi-pro indoor soccer match. The Oly Town Artesians play Bellingham United on Saturday night.
- Explore 10 local running groups in this article.
- Log in your comments on the plastic bag ban. Thurston County Solid Waste’s survey is open until January 10. Click here to take the quick survey.
- Try our pub crawl – suitable for anyone from 21 – 81 and beyond.
- Read our list of Top Ten stories from 2014. We just do things a little differently around here.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of VanDorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.