Happy spring! Or, should I say happy summer? No matter if you are calculating the season from the thermometer or the calendar, we can all agree that it’s been a glorious few days of sunny weather. With sunshine and warm temperatures continuing through the weekend, ThurstonTalk has included a host of warm weather activity ideas in our weekend event calendar. So, whether you are in a “book on the beach” kind of mood, a “hike to the summit” state of mind or a “stroll and sip” mentality you’ll find local ideas on our list to suit.
View our full calendar of events here and as always – feel free to submit your own events through our green “Post Your Event” button on our Events page.
- Dig your dinner at the beach. Razor clam tides extend all weekend.
- Witness amazing illusions with Jay Owenhouse on Friday night at The Washington Center.
- Tap your toes to the Oly Mountain Boys at Pint’s Barn on Friday night.
- Practice your paddling on one of these local paddleboard routes.
- Explore the areas around JBLM with this list of family fun.
- Seek out these 7 rivers along Hood Canal for a day of discovery.
- Celebrate Irish dance, music, and song at Sean-nós Irish Festival at The Evergreen State College all weekend.
- Head to the Olympia Farmers’ Market for opening weekend.
- Bask at the beach. County-wide options found in this list.
- Let Alley Oop Gymnastics Center watch the kids while you enjoy a Saturday “Date Night”.
- Hike your heart out on one of these six Hood Canal hikes.
- Cheer for three talented River Ridge High School students as they play with the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors on Sunday afternoon.
- Sign up for your CSA box now.
- Sip your way around the South Sound with our tasting room guide.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
- Learn about Lacey’s early days in this first installment of a new history series.
- Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
* Photo credit: Chris Hamilton