No matter if we have rain or sunshine, or a little bit of both this weekend, you should get out and do something to chase away the winter blues. Whether you are looking for a family-friendly activity or a night out with friends, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey and throughout Thurston County this weekend. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Celebrate Black History Month at the Olympia Center February 22.
- Learn about coastal wolves at the WET Center February 22.
- Meet a kids’ comic cartoonist, Vera Brosgol, at the Olympia Timberland Library February 22.
- Be champions at the Champions of Courage family-friendly fundraising event benefiting South Sound Parent to Parent February 22.
- See Portland drag performer Anthony Hudson/Carla Rossi in “Looking for Tiger Lily” At the Washington Center February 22.
- Smile with Hands On Children’s Museum and Dental Health Month February 22-23.
- Relax with Garden Yoga and Winery Tour at Westport Winery February 23.
- Honor the 47th anniversary of the occupation of Wounded Knee with a viewing of “We Shall Remain” February 23.
- Get your tickets for the UFO/Parnormal Summit.
- Play some disc golf with the family.
- Strike out with the new technology at Aztec Lanes Bowling.
- Check out the Native American Art exhibit at SPSCC.
- Sign up to be one of the first to shop the new treasures at Shipwreck Beads.
- Take your business or career to the next level at the South Sound Business and Career EXPO.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.