Our weather is supposed to get nicer just in time for the long weekend. While many of you may be headed out of town for Memorial Day weekend, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Lacey and throughouth Thurston County for those looking to avoid the traffic and stay close to home. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
Get Your Tickets to Upcoming Live, Local Entertainment
Sponsored by Olytickets.com
- Comedian Cory Michaelis at Tipsy May 23 ($15) Buy Tickets
- Soccer Lacey Pocket Gophers vs. Kirkland May 25 ($10) Buy Tickets
- Music by DoubleBack June 1 ($12) Buy Tickets
- Get groovy with the Timberline High School choir’s free “That 70’s Show” concert May 24.
- Try your luck at Bingo De Mayo at Lacey Senior Center May 24.
- Listen to Bach’s Complete Cello Suites, by Emerald City Music at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts May 25.
- Head to Hood Canal for Shrimpfest May 25-26.
- Enjoy a Special Morning of Play at Hands on Children’s Museum for kids with sensory sensitivities May 26.
- Take the whole family to Hands on Children’s Museum on Memorial Day, military is half off May 27.
- Plan a last minute trip to Whatcom county for an adventerous weekend.
- Kick of summer with these barbecue tips from Thrifty Thurston.
- Head to the Hood Canal for some Memorial Day weekend fun.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Featured photo credit: Diane Waiste