Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as our new Associate Editor. This is a temporary, 6-month assignment.
We are looking for an efficient, collaborative, team player to assist with publishing content on our community social network. The fast-paced environment requires someone comfortable with working remotely and ability to quickly change directions. The Associate Editor must be professional and display confidence working with a wide variety of people including writers, customers, teammates, marketing professionals and community partners.
Read on to learn more about becoming our next Associate Editor.
- Copyedit articles prior to publishing.
- Prepare articles for publishing.
- Edit and publish press releases.
- Circulate content to interested parties.
- Source, add, and edit events for the calendar.
- Act as a role model for the freelance writing team.
- Interact professionally and efficiently with sales team.
- Add insight and opinion to marketing team.
- Handle 8-10 featured business articles per month as a freelance writer (additional compensation).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years experience in communications, marketing, advertising or a related field
- At least 1 year experience as a copy editor
- Prior experience as a freelance writer or content creator required, past experience working in digital media preferred
- Previous experience posting and managing social media accounts a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a position that required excellent organizational and time management skills
- Showcase attention to detail skills
- Comfortable networking and meeting new people while representing our brand
- Proven ability to work toward solutions to problems and collaborate on ideas
- Fluent in Google Drive and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel/Sheets required. Previous experience working in WordPress, a huge plus. Experience with Salesforce an added bonus.
This position will be a remote job with a team meeting weekly in Olympia. You must have reliable transportation to get to Olympia, handle freelance writing assignments, and meet with customers as needed. It will be important that you have prior experience managing your own time to complete tasks without direct supervision.
A complete application will include:
- Current resume
- 200-word writing sample about why you love your community
- Four sentences that describe the value you will bring to our team
Please do not include any other attachments or work samples, unless requested.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 24, 2017.