Have you started to see the first day of school pictures pop up in your social media feed? The time is nearing for a return to the rigors of a bell schedule, but for now, let’s enjoy the hot sunshine around Olympia.
Love social media? Apply for our NEW social media coordinator job by next Friday.
Here’s what is going on around town this weekend.
- Take in a free movie at Tumwater’s Screen on the Green on Friday night.
- Dance the night away with the awesome Summer Splash! gala to support the Hands On Children’s Museum on Friday evening.
- Celebrate back-to-school with Saint Martin’s University as their largest freshman class moves onto campus.
- Catch Harlequin Productions‘ live theater throughout the weekend.
- Learn more about the Pokemon Go craze and how it’s impacting Olympia.
- Find live music around Olympia this weekend.
- Head over to Shipwreck Beads’ Artisan Market on Saturday. Get more details here.
- Visit the Olympia Farmers Market, Tenino Farmers Market, or Yelm Farmers Market this weekend.
- Dive into Shark Month at the Estuarium.
- Learn how to preserve your bounty at a canning workshop at GRuB.
- Reduce your kids’ anxiety about starting school with tips in this article.
- Attend Ballet Northwest’s Young Choreographer’s Showcase on Sunday evening.
- Take your budding musician to Olympia Youth Chorus’ auditions on Sunday night.
- Sign up for Marine Creature Monday at Boston Harbor Marina.
- Celebrate the opening of Peter G. Schmidt elementary school by reading this article.
- Navigate to one of these easy geocaches for beginners in Olympia.
- Try a new mountain bike trail in the Capitol State Forest.
- Star gaze at one of these scenic locations.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.