Happy 4th of July! Like many of you, I’m busily making potato salad and slicing a huge watermelon this morning in preparation for afternoon festivities. All we need is apple pie for an All-American celebration. And, like many of you, our family’s weekend includes three days of fun to enjoy, celebrate, and relax. Luckily there are plenty of happenings around Thurston County to keep us busy and gorgeous weather for the foreseeable future. Gather with friends, bask in the sun, and celebrate the freedom we all enjoy every day.
- Head to Tumwater for the Independence Day Parade.
- Grab a blanket and enjoy area fireworks shows.
- Shop for something new all weekend at the Hawk’s Prairie Home Furnishings Warehouse Sale.
- Splash in the Puget Sound at these favorite salt water spots.
- Enjoy the great outdoors with our guide to Thurston County outdoor recreation.
- Taste the best BBQ around at Saturday’s South Sound BBQ Festival.
- Prepare for the open road with Northwest Harley-Davidson’s Motorcycle Tool Kit recommendations or stop by the Lacey store for live music and California Tacos from 1-4.
- Shake and shimmy at Zumba in the Park on Saturday, this week at Rainier Vista.
- Tap your toes (or sing along) at Harlequin Productions Rock n’ Roll Twelfth Night.
- Check off a few items on our list of 25 Free Things to do with kids.
- Keep cool in one of our area’s swimming holes.
- Discover your favorite taco hotspot using our writer’s review 3 top restaurants.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.