If you are like me, you have been obsessively checking the weekend forecast, hoping that those rain shower images shift to at least partly sunny. We’re hosting two families for dinner tonight (read: 7 kids inside = destroyed house) and attending a barbeque tomorrow. Add in the outdoor Relay for Life, Capital City Pride festival, and Dirty Dash obstacle course and it’s clear that all of these activities would be more fun with some sunshine.
But we are trained Western Washington residents. We know that we can’t let a few rain clouds stop our fun. Whether your calendar is wide open or you are going to schedule around a few pre-planned activities, there is lots in store this weekend around Olympia.
- Walk for 24-hours with Relay for Life of Thurston County at Timberline High School.
- Be entertained by psychic Sylvia Browne, believer or not, on Friday at 8:00 pm or Sunday at 4:00 pm at Lucky Eagle Casino.
- Attend the Capital City Pride parade on Saturday at noon. Festival activities happen from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm in downtown Olympia.
- Catch an opening performance of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Harlequin Productions.
- Buy shellfish seeds at Taylor Shellfish on Saturday morning during low tide.
- Get filthy at the Dirty Dash obstacle course at Straddleline Park. A few remaining spots are open on Saturday early morning.
- Cheer on your favorite driver at the Rainier Flat Track on Saturday afternoon.
- Kick off summer reading at Olympia and Tumwater library branches on Saturday afternoon.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.