Submitted by Indigo Urgent Care
You’re doing your part to stay home, stay healthy and help flatten the COVID-19 curve. But even when you’re staying home, minor illnesses and injuries may still happen. And delaying treatment could make things worse.
Get on your way to feeling better with a visit to your nearby Indigo Urgent Care. From allergies and colds to sprains and strains, we provide prompt care for a variety of conditions:
- Sprains and minor fractures. An awkward twist or turn of the ankle could mean a sprain or possible fracture. There’s no need to push through the pain and hope for the best. We have digital X-ray services on site at all our urgent care locations. The proper diagnosis and treatment will help avoid further damage and get you back in action.
- Cuts or wounds. From a banged-up knee to a sliced finger, scrapes and cuts can happen in the blink of an eye. Don’t delay treatment and risk infection. Our medical providers will clean and treat your minor cuts and scrapes, including lacerations that require stitches.
- Urinary tract infections. UTIs are extremely common and account for around 8.1 million doctor visits each year. If left untreated, UTIs can cause severe pain and may lead to kidney infection. If you suspect a UTI, it’s important to seek medical care right away. Our medical professionals will provide the diagnosis and treatment you need to clear up the infection quickly.
- Ear infection and ear pain. If you or your little one has ear pain that’s causing discomfort and isn’t getting better, we can help. It’s especially important to seek care for infants and small children who show signs or ear pain, such as ear tugging or inconsolable crying. Our friendly providers can diagnose your ear pain and offer treatment options to help relieve pain.
- Sinus infection. Like the common cold, sinus infections usually go away on their own. But if sinus pain lingers or is getting worse, you should seek medical care. Your Indigo provider will recommend over-the-counter remedies and prescription treatment if needed. While antibiotics are rarely prescribed for sinus infections, delaying a diagnosis could result in a bacterial infection that requires more aggressive treatment.
- Sore throat. Your scratchy throat might just be from allergies or a cold, but if it’s difficult to swallow, or you have swollen lymph nodes in your neck or red and swollen tonsils, it might be something more serious. Indigo Urgent Care offers a simple, rapid test that will confirm or rule out strep throat. If you do have strep, your provider will prescribe antibiotics. If your sore throat is caused by a virus, your provider will offer tips on how to ease the discomfort and may prescribe other medications.
Better care is safer care
We understand it may feel unsettling to come into a medical facility during a pandemic. Rest assured you’re in great hands. Indigo Urgent Care has strict guidelines in place for your safety and well-being.
preferred. We ask patients to book an appointment time online, if possible.
This helps keep social distancing within our sites.
- Masks required. For your safety, all patients, staff and visitors will be asked to wear a mask (except infants and very young children who may have difficulty wearing one). If you do not have your own mask, we will provide one.
- Curbside check-in. When you arrive at Indigo Urgent Care, please call the clinic before entering. We’ll have you complete most of the check-in process from your car. When your room is ready, our clinical concierge will call you and escort you to the exam suite.
- Temporary visitor policy. To better ensure social distancing, we are asking all patients to limit guests to one additional person, if possible.
- Additional precautions. All of our employees are screened for symptoms as they enter the building. They wear masks at all times and follow strict handwashing and protective equipment guidelines.
View our FAQs for more safety and service updates.
Don’t let a minor illness or injury keep you down or become something more serious. Get the care you need, right away. Indigo Urgent Care clinics are open every day from 8 am to 8 pm, even holidays and weekends.