Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington, NorthAmericaTalk, as a new Associate Editor.
We are looking for a collaborative, team player to guide content on our community social network. The Associate Editor must be professional and display confidence working with a wide variety of people including writers, customers, teammates, marketing professionals and community partners.
- Recruit, interview, retain and manage a team of freelance writers.
- Source content and manage assignments.
- Copyedit articles prior to publishing. Work with customers on necessary revisions.
- Prepare articles for publishing in Word Press.
- Edit and publish press releases.
- Circulate content to relevant parties.
- Make publishing decisions to drive views.
- Manage social media accounts for Talk website(s).
- Develop article plans with customers. Translate plan to writers.
- Source, add, and edit events for the calendar.
- Act as a role model for the freelance writing team.
- Interact professionally and efficiently with sales team.
- Add insight and opinion to marketing team.
- Ability to write featured business articles as a freelance writer on an as needed basis (additional compensation).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years experience in communications, marketing, advertising or a related field.
- Experience as a freelance writer or content creator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in a position that required excellent organizational and time management skills, preferably working remotely.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable networking and meeting new people while representing our brand.
- Proven ability to work toward solutions to problems and collaborate on ideas.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel required. Previous experience working in WordPress.
- Experience working in Google Drive.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience copy editing
- Experience managing others
- Previous experience managing social media accounts
This position will be a remote job with a team meeting weekly in Olympia. You must have reliable transportation to get to Olympia, handle freelance writing assignments and meet with customers as needed. It will be important that you have prior experience managing your own time to complete tasks without direct supervision.
A complete application will include:
- Current resume
- 200-word writing sample about why you love your community
- Four sentences that describe the value you will bring to our team
Please do not include any other attachments or work samples, unless requested.
Send your application to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 20, 2018.