April is upon us and while it arrived with glorious sunshine, the rains have returned this week. Whether rain or shine, the blossoms and buds cannot be held back and there are signs of spring throughout Thurston County. We love having readers share their images of spring with us, too. Share yours on our Facebook Page or send them to email@example.com. As always, our Weekend Event Calendar lists activities, events and ideas of things to do throughout the county. For our full calendar, click here.
- Hunt up some Easter eggs just a little early. Local hunts start this weekend.
- Play for free at the Hands On Children’s Museum’s Free Friday Night.
- Hit Capitol Theater for screenings of La La Land for the grown-ups and Never Ending Story for the kids (for free!).
- Enjoy Irish dance and song at the 10th Annual Sean-nós Northwest Traditional Irish Festival.
- Head south for the weekend with a day-trip to Centralia. Ideas for fun here.
- Explore the fun to be found in Tenino with our day-trip guide.
- Browse the most-read stories from March in this round-up article.
- Get a classic “shave and a haircut” at newly opened Capitol Barbers.
- Learn about “daylighting” and how it can improve your home or office.
- Join a Stream Team bird walk on Saturday at LBA Park.
- Search Captain Little with your littles for eggs, prizes and fun on Saturday morning.
- Raise funds for Homeless Backpacks during a Happy Hour fundraiser all weekend at Ricardo’s in Lacey.
- Venture down the Bountiful Byway.
- Grab a drink and dinner at Fire Creek Grill and Ale House.
- Be inspired by Yelm’s Kali Basi’s story of supporting victims of human trafficking.
- Grab a leash and your furry friend with this guide to canine adventure in Thurston County.
- Visit the Olympia Farmer’s Market. A peek at last weekend’s opening day found here.
- Plant your spring garden with these tips.
- Bowl a few frames. And, sign your kids up for Aztec Lane’s free summer bowling program, too.
- Get out of the raindrops with a visit to the old Capitol Building.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: jennlvs2smile