Soccer Saturday is looking a little soggy for local parents this weekend, but in true Northwestern form, we will survive a little rain. For those not standing on the sidelines like me, or looking for a diversion after the game, check out our lengthy list below. With fall in full swing and Saturday marking the start of October (seriously??), there’s something for everyone this weekend.
- Vote on Facebook for your favorite Traffic Box public art designs. Information here.
- Head to Chehalis for the Country Chicks Fall Fair on Friday and Saturday. Learn about the real Country Chicks in this article from our sister site, LewisTalk.
- See “Elephant and Piggie” live on stage at Olympia Family Theater’s production Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Find fall foliage with Thrifty Thurston’s guide to local vistas.
- Learn about the celebration and support of SPSCC students on happening on Saturday at The Experience.
- Pick the best pumpkin at a local pumpkin patch. Options here.
- Cheer the lady Clippers at Friday night’s SPSCC Volleyball Game. Learn about this first year program here.
- Head to the beach for flashy cars and fun times at Quinault Beach Resort’s Show N’ Shine car show.
- Slurp local oysters at Shelton Oysterfest 2016.
- Warm up with a steaming bowl of Pho after a soggy Saturday soccer game.
- Visit the Hands On Children’s Museum (without the kids) for Friday’s Adult Swim event – The Science of Eats.
- Engage with other Zine fans at Olympia Zine Fest 2016 all weekend. Full details on all the events here.
- DIY on the cheap at VJ’s Bargain Barn with brand-name building supplies at a bargain.
- Join Lacey’s Children’s Day on Saturday, including the inaugural Lemonade Day.
- Pitch in to beautify downtown (and have free donuts!) at Saturday morning’s Downtown Olympia Cleanup.
- Learn to Row! Evergreen Crew hosts it’s Learn to Row event Saturday at 10 a.m.
- High five your neighbors, or pitch in yourself, at United Way Day of Caring events going on all weekend long.
- Upgrade your boot wardrobe for fall at Belleza Ropa’s Born Trunk Show on Saturday.
- Explore local history at the free Thurston County Through the Decades event at Tumwater Falls Park on Sunday.
- Update your calendar to include next weekend’s Hoptoberfest event.
- Support Sheriff John Snaza at Sunday’s fundraising BBQ and Motorcycle training event.
- Seek out migrating salmon throughout Thurston County.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
Photo credit: Maria Anderson.