This weekend is packed. There simply is no other way to describe it. There should be no excuses for not getting out and enjoying a festival or recreational activity. Because it’s such a full weekend, we’re bringing you the event calendar one day early. Plan to your heart’s content so that you can squeeze every last minute of joy out of the weekend. ThurstonTalk staffers will be around downtown Olympia this weekend, snapping photos. Say hello or share one of your favorite pictures with us directly (email@example.com)
While you are hanging out at our site, check out our newly launched events calendar. It’s beautiful – and has a great list of all the cool things happening every day throughout Thurston County.
- Grays Harbor Shorebird Festival – Friday through Sunday in Hoquiam, Washington
- Spring Arts Walk – Friday at 5:00 pm through Saturday evening in downtown Olympia
- Luminary Procession – Friday at 9:30 pm through downtown Olympia
- Free Access to Washington State Parks – all day on Saturday and Sunday throughout Thurston County and surrounding areas
- Opening Day of Trout Season – all day on Saturday at Thurston County fresh water lakes
- Capitol Peak Ultra – marathon running in the Capitol State Forest on Saturday beginning at 6:30 am
- Dragon Boat Festival – Saturday beginning at 9:00 am at the Port Plaza in downtown Olympia
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day – starts at 10:00 am at both the Olympia downtown and Briggs Community Y branches
- Procession of the Species – begins on Saturday at 4:30 pm in downtown Olympia
- Comedy Show featuring John Keister and Brooks McBeth – Saturday evening at 8:00 pm at The Washington Center
- Olympia Symphony Orchestra – concert at 7:00 pm at The Washington Center on Sunday
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.