I will gladly admit that I’m looking forward to a week off from early mornings, bell schedules, and packing lunches. Like most of Thurston County, our school is heading into Spring Break. But you don’t need to have an expensive vacation planned to have a great time. Use one of our staycation guides to help your family explore all that the greater Olympia area has to offer. Start with one of the free Easter Egg Hunts this weekend, then settle in and pick a few things to check off from our bucket list. Be a tourist in your home town. Cheers!
- Hop into one of the many Easter Egg Hunts throughout Thurston County this weekend. Find our complete list here.
- Plan your Easter brunch or Passover seder with these recipe ideas from our food writer.
- Kick off Spring Break with a visit the Hands On Children’s Museum on Friday night. It’s open for free from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.
- Visit the Olympia Farmers Market. It opened for the season on Thursday and will remain open Thursdays – Sundays through October.
- Schedule a trip to see Olympia Family Theater’s “Our Only May Amelia” in its final weekend. Find showtimes and ticket information here.
- Hit the South Sound Improv Festival at the State Theater on Friday and Saturday nights. It’s hosted by Harlequin Productions.
- Leave the Discover Pass at home and visit one of the area’s state parks on Saturday. It’s a fee-free day. Find park ideas here.
- Grab a shovel and dig razor clams at Washington beaches. Get tide information here.
- Lace up your sneakers for the Run Like a Fool 5k at Heritage Park on Saturday morning. Find a list of twelve 5k runs here.
- Take your crew down to the revitalized Woodard Bay. Find a full story here.
- Find all of our Easter events and activities in this section of our calendar.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.