Maybe we should have shifted our weekend event calendar post to Monday this week to help you cope with the last minute of the Super Bowl game. It was a heart breaker but the good news is that we are only a few months away from pre-season and a chance at redemption. Whether you are adamantly defending Pete Carroll for making a gutsy play call or are still wiping tears away, lamenting “why wouldn’t you give it to Lynch,” it’s time to brush off the Mariners and Sounders gear and shift to local activities for awhile.
Here is what is going on around Olympia this weekend.
- Make a date for Valentine’s Day. Our writer pulls together three date ideas, perfect for any budget, in this article.
- Plan a menu for you sweetheart on Valentine’s Day. Get some tips, including buy local ideas, in this story.
- Celebrate the end of a long work week by taking the kids to Free Friday Night at the Hands On Children’s Museum.
- Grab the construction paper and use these super easy ideas for making your own Valentine’s Day cards.
- Dig razor clams at Washington beaches through Friday.
- Catch some live music around town.
- Find a treasure during 95.3 KGY Radio’s annual on-air auction. Get complete details about Saturday’s event here.
- Learn about growing and saving your seeds at Eastside Urban Farm and Garden Center on Saturday.
- Enjoy live theater at Olympia Family Theater and Harlequin Productions throughout the weekend.
- Book your Valentine’s Day overnight at the Red Lion in Olympia. Find details on their special packages here.
- Twirl your daughter during Capital High School’s Daddy Daughter Dance on Saturday night. Get tickets here.
- Take a lap with Moon Cycle during their monthly Full Moon Bike Ride on Saturday night.
- Cheer for JBLM Bettie Brigade during their roller derby bout on Saturday evening.
- Add our list of 2015 Major Festivals and Events to your calendar.
- Organize activities if you will have out-of-town guests in Olympia for President’s Day weekend.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.