As the leaves fall from the trees and the days get shorter, we seek comforting foods, warm fires and cozy nights with friends. Our community offers us a lot of fun activities and events to get us through the darker months. Whether you want to brave a haunted house or corn maze, support a worthy cause and meet a racehorse or just relax, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey and throughout Thurston County. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Head to BOO-CODA for a ton of family-friendly Halloween fun, all October.
- Find the perfect pumpkin at these local pumpkin patches and corn mazes!
- Scare yourself to fun at My Morbid Mind Haunted House October 11-12.
- Attend the BIG Auction and meet a real racehorse October 12.
- Clean house and safely discard items at the Tumwater Clean-Up Drop-Off event in the Tumwater City Hall Parking Lot October 12.
- Learn about mushroom at Fun with Fungi at the WET Center October 12.
- Meet John Dodge at the Lacey History Talks! at the Lacey City Hall October 12.
- Listen to Olympia Masterworks Choral Ensemble Presents: “Kaleidoscope” at the Washington Center for the Performing arts October 12.
- Relax with Garden Yoga and Tour At Westport Winery October 13.
- Get your tickets for Senior Services of South Sound’s Community Recognition Brunch October 19.
- Get your tickets for Che Apalache at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.