The last weekend of August is here and it’s time to get out and enjoy the end of summer! There are plenty of activities happening in Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia and Thurston County for the whole family to enjoy. It’s supposed to cool down and even rain, so the air should be clear for any outdoor activities. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Get your blues on at the Rainier Lions Bluegrass Pickin’ Party at Wilkowski Park August 24-26.
- End the summer watching Wonder Woman at Tumwater Valley Golf Course’s Screen on the Green August 24.
- Explore a Washington State Park for free August 25.
- Attend O Bee Credit Union’s Grand Opening Party in Tacoma August 25.
- Bring the whole family to SafePlace’s free barbecue at Rainier Vista Community Park, shelter A, Lacey August 25.
- Learn more about Tumwater Falls Park with a free tour August 25.
- Swing for a cause at Pints Putts for Education Charity Golf Tournament at Olympia Country Club August 26.
- Have a late morning brunch with friends at Tipsy’s Piano Bar.
- Experience why Radiance Herbs and Massage has been an Olympia Favorite for over 43 years by stopping for a visit.
- Skip cooking and take the family out for a family-friendly affordable breakfast.
- Bowl a few games with family and friends or join a league at Aztec Lanes.
- Take your four-legged best friend on a dog-friendly hike around Hood Canal.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Featured photo credit: Diane Waiste
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.