Oh, the glorious sun appears to be making its return visit to Olympia, just in time for the weekend. Even though I know not to expect forecasts of sun until say, August, I still mentally consider Memorial Day to be the start of “summer.” I breathe a little easier when I see the big sun symbol on the forecast. Play leisurely outside this weekend or enjoy one of these organized events.
- Look at the “My Front Door” art on display in downtown Olympia. It’s a benefit for SideWalk.
- Catch a performance of Cinder Edna, the original musically written and produced locally by Olympia Family Theater.
- Take your kids to the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge to become junior refuge managers.
- Listen to a talk by a beach naturalist at Boston Harbor Firehouse on Friday.
- Enjoy Washington State Parks free access day on Saturday.
- Try a new sport – pick up an oar at Olympia Area Rowing on Saturday for National Free Row Day.
- Be a pioneer at the New Market Pioneer Fair on Saturday.
- Race rubber duckies at the Duck Dash at Tumwater Falls Park on Saturday.
- Cheer for your favorite racer at Grays Harbor Raceway’s Fan Appreciation Night.
- Attend the Children’s Health Fair at the Hands On Children’s Museum on Sunday. Families that pre-register receive free admission to the Museum.
- Catch a rodeo in Roy on Saturday and Sunday.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.