This weekend, we bring 2017 to a close and ring in 2018. As we reflect on the year, ThurstonTalk is thankful for the ongoing support of the community as we strive to share the positive things happening around Thurston County. Each day, ThurstonTalk publishes articles that share what it’s like to live, work and play in our region of the Pacific Northwest and this year, we published 1,816+ stories. Our largest number yet. Happy New Year to our readers. 2018 is sure to bring more positive stories from us. If you have a story idea for our team, please email us at email@example.com. Cheers!
- Ring in the New Year at Little Creek Casino Resort’s annual New Year’s Eve party.
- Head to the mountains for some snow play. Ideas on where to go, here.
- Spend some time reviewing our writer’s favorite stories of 2017.
- Take the kids to the WET Science Center for their Noon Year’s Eve celebration on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve “around the world” with the suggestions in this story.
- End the year by giving back. Suggestions on helping others in our community here.
- Pledge to help end distracted driving through the “It Can Wait” campaign, spearheaded by OHS students.
- Catch the final shows of Harlequin Productions’ Stardust Christmas Fandango.
- Head to the beach. Beach combing ideas found here.
- Fill your belly with homestyle goodness at newly opened Biscuit House.
- Grab the perfect snacks (and drinks) to sustain you until midnight at NW Sausage & Deli and Dick’s Brewing.
- Rock to “Pigs on the Wing”, a Pink Floyd tribute band at Rhythm and Rye for New Year’s Eve.
- Join the fun at the Hands On Children’s Museum’s Noon Years Eve party on Sunday.
- Set a new year’s resolution for your pooch with training at Fido’s Farm.
- Take the plunge and get a new tattoo at Sorry Mom Ink to end 2017.
- Cruise the Christmas light displays one last time before they start coming down.
- Dig razor clams. Tides open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Brave the cold on January 1 for the Polar Bear Plunge at noon at Long Lake Park.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Kim Merriman