As I write this, there is a glimmer of sunshine peeking through the rain clouds. I know it won’t last long. I am contemplating putting this post aside and instead rushing outside for some Vitamin D. I love living in Olympia and the Pacific Northwest winters are far better than the downpour of snow in Boston, but sometimes I just yearn for a day or two (in a row, please Mother Nature) of 75 degree sunshine with blue skies. I return now to my appreciation for rain that makes us green.
Here’s what is going on around Olympia this weekend.
- Twirl your princess around the dance floor during Capital High School’s Father Daughter Dance on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Catch live music at La Gitana on Friday evening in downtown Olympia.
- Take your kids to see Charlotte’s Web at Olympia Family Theater throughout the weekend. Buy tickets here.
- Grab tickets to see Travis Tritt at The Washington Center on Friday night.
- Forget Parent’s Night Out and go with Parent’s Morning Out at Sequoia’s Treehouse Childcare and Preschool in Lacey on Saturday.
- Find thrifty ways to beat the winter blahs in this article.
- Participate in a work party at Watershed Park on Saturday.
- Check in to the Bridal Bash at Pellegrino’s Event Center on Saturday afternoon.
- Watch the LUNAFEST film festival at SPSCC on Saturday evening. Purchase tickets here.
- See a Harlequin Productions show throughout the weekend.
- Read about some cool student athletes that live in our community in our sports section.
- Attend a silent movie at The Washington Center on Sunday afternoon. Learn more about the event and the organ here.
- Laugh along as locals read from their adolescent diaries during Diary Disclosure #2 at Obsidian on Sunday night.
- Plan a date night with your girlfriends.
- Find a Valentine’s Day gift for your sweetie.
- Visit Gotti Sweets at their new location in downtown Olympia.
- Stay healthy this winter with tips on catching the “good bug.”
- Register for Providence’s diabetes prevention program. Learn more in this article.
- Find an oasis in this article of 5 destinations for winter weather RV camping.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.