Submitted by Washington State Department of Transportation
Late night and early morning travelers using Interstate 5 in Hawks Prairie may encounter added construction activity as crews prepare to enter a new phase of construction at the Marvin Road (State Route 510) overpass.
Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead to help prevent delays.
9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, August 12-15 to 5:00 a.m. each following day
- Northbound I-5 right lane closure for bridge work.
10:00 p.m. Friday, August 16 to 6:00 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
- Marvin Road on-ramp to northbound I-5 will close. A signed detour will be provided.
As soon as the morning of Tuesday, Aug. 20
- Both directions of Marvin Road will be reduced to one through lane in each direction near I-5. This includes northbound Marvin Road before Quinault Drive. The reduced lanes will be in place through mid-November. Lane reductions will return after the holiday season.
The temporary changes allow crews to continue construction work that will turn the existing overpass into a diverging diamond interchange.
WSDOT needs help from drivers to keep traffic moving
- Allow extra time to travel through the work zone.
- Travel early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Consider rescheduling discretionary trips.
While driving through a work zone, drivers are encouraged to pay attention. Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
Additional information about this project is available at I5exit111.com.
Featured Photo credit: Kim Merriman