If you love the hunt for a creative hashtag, get excited when content goes viral and look for interesting ways to engage an audience, then this full-time social media job is for you. Become our next brand manager and put your social media skills to work.
In this role, you will create social media posts to reach our target market, grow our brands, and measure results. This position will support ThurstonTalk and its six sister sites across Western Washington and Northern Oregon.
- Execute our social media strategy.
- Create daily Facebook posts.
- Deliver our original, published content to our subscribers using a professional, creative voice.
- Connect our content with businesses, organizations and groups via Facebook through tagging.
- Encourage connected pages to post and re-share our content.
- Use Facebook’s scheduling tool to ensure content is delivered consistently.
- Buy ads to promote content.
- About half of the social media posts will be for ThurstonTalk, targeting the Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and Thurston County community.
- The other half of the posts will be to support our six sister sites in Tacoma, Bellingham, Grays Harbor, Centralia/Chehalis, Vancouver, Washington and Astoria, Oregon.
- Engage our readers by connecting with local influential brands via Twitter. Re-Tweet content that is applicable to growing our brand’s influence in each community.
- Respond timely to questions and comments from readers.
- Help analyze results and define strategic improvements.
- Stay informed with industry trends.
- Create engaging, timely content for ThurstonTalk to meet our strategic goals.
- Attend business and community events.
- Snap photos and videos to post with short articles to social media and our website.
- Conduct Facebook Live videos.
- Be visible in the community, on the look-out for stories and photos to share with our subscribers.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent writing skills with proper grammar and a creative approach
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze and report metrics
- Eye for content that will generate engagement
- Proven ability to maintain a consistent schedule
- Past experience multi-tasking and taking direction from multiple people
- Associate’s degree in a related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience managing a business, non-profit organization or event Facebook page and/or Twitter feed required
- Proven ability to work independently and remotely with minimal daily direction
This full-time social media brand manager will be based in Olympia. There is great opportunity for growth as we move to offering social media services to our customers.
To apply, send your resume and three social media posts that you are exceptionally proud of to email@example.com by Monday, December 4.