It’s official. It’s holiday season. We’re a few days into Hanukkah. The turkey is packed up for leftovers. And, the downtown Olympia holiday windows are sparkling. Stay in touch with ThurstonTalk this holiday season. We promise a website packed with local shopping stories, holiday concerts, places to spot Santa, and delicious treats throughout December.
Here’s what is going on around Olympia this weekend.
- Support Small Business Saturday. Shop local on Saturday. Here is a complete article to help guide your shopping.
- Pick up your Christmas tree. Learn more about Sprouffske Trees – a locally owned, family operated tree farm.
- Find a delightful gift for a special person at the Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar. The bazaar runs on Friday and Saturday this weekend. Understand the role of bazaars in our community by reading this article.
- Swing into Shipwreck Beads Winter Artisan Market beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Spot salmon migrating at Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail.
- Visit the Make Olympia Winter Market at Lincoln Elementary on Saturday from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Listen to Harvest Moon tell stories and weave baskets at the Folk Art Ornament Class on Saturday beginning at noon.
- Grab your clam shovel and dig a limit. Razor clam tide information can be found here.
- Celebrate Downtown for the Holidays with Olympia merchants on Sunday. The parade starts at 3:00 pm near the Farmers Market.
Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, click here.