Submitted by Olympic National Forest
As summer draws to an end annual seasonal closures will go into effect on the Olympic National Forest beginning September 18, 2023.
- Campgrounds: All campgrounds will close on September 18 except for the following:
- Coho Campground closing date: October 2
- Campbell Tree Grove closing date: October 2
- Satsop Center closing date: November 30
- Littleton Horsecamp is open year-round.
- Boat launch: Access to the boat launch at Willaby Campground, that is currently open Friday – Sunday, will close September 30.
- Public Information: The Quinault Ranger Station will seasonally close on October 14. Offices in Olympia and Quilcene will remain open throughout the winter season.
Dependent on weather, staffing and other conditions closing dates may change.
Recreationalists are reminded that as weather continues to change throughout the month and into the Fall season conditions outdoors are shifting as well.
Weather can change quickly on the peninsula, and this can be more prevalent at high elevations. Upon arriving to a trailhead visitors may be expecting a warm, clear hike but can unexpectedly find themselves in wet, cold conditions. Those visiting the forest should be prepared for dynamic conditions and should continue recreating responsibly.