Submitted by City of Tenino
Governor Inslee’s “Safe Start Washington” plan requires all employers (including Cities), among other things, to:
- Maintain the six-foot physical distancing requirements for employees and patrons.
- Provide services while limiting close interactions with patrons.
- Ensure frequent cleaning and disinfection of the business
- Wear…face coverings in public places when not eating or drinking
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if soap & water are not available)
Even though Thurston County has been placed in Phase 2, the above requirements (and others) remain in place. After considering all the factors, Mayor Founier has decided to keep City Hall, the Police Station and Public works closed until we enter Phase 3 where the Governor’s plan specifically calls for “Customer-facing government services” should begin.
Where Citizens must interact with City Employees, appointments will be scheduled and all precautions specified in the Safe Start Plan will be followed.