Submitted by City of Lacey
The Thurston EDC’s Center for Business & Innovation is accepting applications for an emergency grant program established by the City of Lacey to assist small, locally owned businesses that have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19. Grants can be made for up to $10,000.
To apply, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have a City of Lacey business license and physical location in Lacey on or before March 1, 2020.
- Have no more than 25 full-time-equivalent employees (priority given to businesses with 10 or fewer full-time-equivalent employees).
- Engage in a type of business eligible to receive funding by the US Small Business Administration.
- Ability to demonstrate loss of income due to COVID-19
- Ability to prove they have been previously profitable with financial statements or tax returns.
Lacey City Council allocated $500,000 from the City of Lacey’s Strategic Economic Investment Fund for economic recovery response to the impacts resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.