ThurstonTalk is expanding our writing team to include another business writer. Join our 25+ paid, professional writers as a freelance business writer on our growing team. Tell stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Thurston County focused on profiles of local businesses and their role in the community.
ThurstonTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Thurston County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to over 58,000 followers via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our platform reaches more than 300,000 viewers each month – people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Learn more about ThurstonTalk in this recent “Year in Review” article sharing milestones and growth in 2017.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing featured business articles on specific, set topics
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about a local company that you love.
- Please address any questions to email@example.com.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.
Applications are due by noon on Friday, September 12, 2018.