Yet another year has come and gone and ThurstonTalk is taking a moment to look back upon the milestones of 2017 even as we plan for more exciting innovations in 2018. We will continue to bring you positive stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Thurston County including news, events and personal profiles that define our community. Reaching nearly 58,000 people on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter daily, we continue to shine a light on the positive things happening in Thurston County through our community social network.
We always love hearing from our readers with kudos, feedback, story ideas, photos or constructive criticism. Drop us a note anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, take a moment to read the statistics below for a snapshot of our 2017 year in review.
ThurstonTalk’s Top 10 Stories of 2017
- 2017 Fourth of July Fireworks Shows in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater
- Johnson Point Mansion: Thurston County History Back on the Market
- Interventional Radiology: The Most Effective Treatment No One’s Heard Of
- Legend and Truth: The Tenino Quarry Dive Expedition
- Thrifty Thurston Finds Egg-cellent Easter Egg Hunts in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater
- Deschutes Falls Park: A Historic Site Starts a New Chapter
- Thrifty Thurston Finds 2017 Holiday Lights Around Olympia
- Calling all Adventurers: There’s an Island for Sale in Olympia
- Providence Offers Easy Alternative to ER for Non-Life Threatening Medical Issues and Flu Symptoms
- Travel on a Historic Pub Crawl in 1960s Olympia
In a world where everything is big and global it is just nice to have a local information source that cares about the citizens and what happens in just this little corner of the world. – Daniela S.
Top 5 Search Engine Terms that Lead People to ThurstonTalk
- Local News
- Thurston County
- Olympia Events
- Things to do in Olympia
- Razor Clam Season Washington 2017
ThurstonTalk’s Freelance Writers Favorite Stories
We have a team of 30+ paid, professional freelance writers on our ThurstonTalk team who work hard each day to tell the stories from around the county. Are you a storyteller, too? We are always looking for more talented writers. Drop us a note at email@example.com if you are interested.
– Sherry O.
Here are a few of our writer’s favorite stories. Read all of their selections here.
- I enjoyed reading Kathryn Millhorn’s article about the organic farm at Evergreen. As an evergreen student and an advocate for sustainable agriculture, it was wonderful to learn more about the organic farming taking place on campus. – Alia Brookshire
- My time with Betty and Phyllis, learning about Grey Resistance Indivisible, was inspirational and joyful. Their examples of being fully engaged in living and making their voices heard is a reminder that excuses of any kind are feeble. Older people may be more slowly moving, but they still get there! – Mary Ellen Psaltis
- I love the article where I spoke with Trxstle’s Morgan Misek and John Smigaj. They were candid, inspiring and it was cool to see local guys doing something so rad for the outdoor community. I am looking forward to seeing them grow. – Douglas Scott
Community Photographers Share their Art
ThurstonTalk is thankful for the many, many community photographers who generously share their work with us. The beautiful photos of the scenery, people and places around Thurston County inspire us and our readers to get out and explore the community. Thank you to these regular contributors in 2017 and all the others who have enriched our visual content with their submissions. Feel free to share your photos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Connections Across the Community
ThurstonTalk reaches readers through many different social media channels. In 2017, our Facebook following surpassed 50,000 and our social followers increased by 9.5 percent across all platforms.
More than 113,534 people choose to learn about their community through the seven Talk platforms throughout Western Washington including our sister sites WhatcomTalk, SouthSoundTalk, GraysHarborTalk, LewisTalk, ClarkCountyTalk and ClatsopNews. Each of these community social networks reaches residents with positive stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in their community.
I love your beautiful pictures and highlights of interesting places. But, I absolutely love the profiles of people and local businesses. – Susan H.
ThurstonTalk is a digital media company sharing positive stories about people, places and businesses in Thurston County. ThurstonTalk offers content marketing and online options across our Community Social Network to advertise in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, and beyond. Advertise with ThurstonTalk to reach your target market, grow your brand, and measure results.