Submitted by The City of Tumwater
Join your neighbors for the City of Tumwater’s Community Day event on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. Enjoy a free hot dog and interactive activities as you explore an array of City services and resources. The event runs from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Tumwater City Hall and Fire Station, 555 Israel Road SW in Tumwater, of course.
If you’re driving, please park at the Attorney General’s Office, 7141 Cleanwater Drive SW. Disabled parking is available at the Fire Station and the Library.
Tumwater’s Community Day is your chance to get a closer look at local public services. Be there for the opening ceremony with our Combined Honor Guard, Grand Opening of the Police Station and unveiling of the brewery kettle. Tour the facility and learn about the new features that will save energy and money. Celebrate the many improvements to Tumwater public safety services funded by the voter-approved levy lid lift in 2011. Promises made in the ballot measure have been kept. Here’s your chance to see inside.
• Tour the new Police Station.
• Explore a fire engine and police car.
• Protect your identity. Bring up to three grocery-sized bags for the shred truck.
• Get fitted for a bike helmet. Youth sizes available for purchase, $8 each.
Parks & Recreation
• Sample fun kid’s activities with speed pitch, golf, and basketball challenge (with prizes).
Public Works & Utilities
• Touch-a-Truck and explore other cool City equipment.
Inside City Hall
• Meet your Mayor and Council and find out what they do.
• Plan and build the future Tumwater through several interactive displays.
• Find out what’s happening at the Brewery.
Explore public service displays provided by the Timberland Regional Library, Stream Team, Thurston County Solid Waste, Thurston Community Television, Intercity Transit, and Tumwater’s JBLM Community Connector, the 17th Field Artillery Brigade.
For more information, please contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation at (360) 754-4160. More details are available online atwww.ci.tumwater.wa.us.