Submitted by City of Lacey
Following the Thurston County Board of Health’s declaration of the COVID-19 outbreak as a local emergency, the City of Lacey’s Parks and Recreation Department made the following changes, effective March 13-April 3, 2020:
- All Lacey Parks and Recreation facility reservations are cancelled. This includes indoor and outdoor facility rentals at the Lacey Community Center, Jacob Smith House, city fields, and school fields.
- All Lacey Parks and Recreation programs and events are cancelled.
- Lacey Museum and Virgil S. Clarkson Senior Center are closed to the public.
Although all organized park activities are cancelled, all parks and restroom facilities remain open.
The City will issue refunds to customer accounts for all activity and rental cancellations related to the COVID-19 situation. The City appreciates the public’s patience as they work to accomplish this as quickly as possible.
The City of Lacey continues to monitor guidance from local and state health officials about COVID-19 and will make adjustments, as necessary.
More information on COVID-19 is available at:
- Washington State Department of Health
- Thurston County Public Health and Social Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Washington State Coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline at 1-800-525-0127.
Follow Thurston County on social media for the most updated information: