Mission – Be the fastest growing media brand in a community.
ThurstonTalk is expanding our writing team to include another business writer. Join our 25 paid, professional writers as a freelance business writer on our growing team. Tell stories about what it’s like to live, work, and play in Thurston County and be a part of the fastest growing media company in Thurston County.
ThurstonTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Thurston County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to over 47,000 Facebook followers. Our platform reaches more than 300,000 viewers each month – people that want to know about great things happening around us.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing featured business articles on specific topics
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Capacity to create 8 – 10 business articles per month
- Skills to snap quick photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Ability to drive short distances Lewis and Grays Harbor counties for stories, as needed
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by noon on Monday, January 23 at 5:00 p.m.