Submitted by City of Olympia
The City of Olympia is seeking up to 15 loaned sculptures from Washington State artists for temporary display of up to one (1) year on Percival Landing and for consideration for the Peoples’ Choice purchase award of one sculpture for the City’s public art collection.
Percival Landing is a waterfront boardwalk and park that hosts several large maritime-themed events during the year and provides guest moorage for visitors arriving by boat. It is a popular destination for visitors and locals alike. Percival Landing has been recognized as one of 10 Great Places in America by the American Planning Association. More information on the Percival Plinth Project at olympiawa.gov/plinth.
Application deadline is March 24, 2016:
- Applications accepted through CallforEntry.org
- Each sculpture submitted must be available for exhibition June 2016 – June 2017.
- Artists may submit up to two (2) entries, with two (2) images each.
- $700 honorarium for 1 year loan of each sculpture.
- Up to $10,000 annual purchase – Peoples’ Prize.
- New works will be celebrated with a public event, kicking-off one month of public voting for the Peoples’ Prize.