Submitted by Thurston County Chamber
The Thurston County Chamber is proud to announce the 10th annual Boss of the Year honorees. Co-sponsored by Express Employment Professionals, this award recognizes outstanding individuals who demonstrate exceptional leadership in the workplace through innovation, communication, vision, and performance.
2019 Boss of the Year Recipients:
- Erika Montgomery, Three Girls Media Inc.
- Ben Shah, Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
- Dave Wasson, Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters
2019 Honorable Mentions:
- Jim Greene, Greene Realty
- Melanie Matthews, Physicians of Southwest Washington
- Ronelle Funk, Ronelle Funk Insurance – Allstate
Employees nominated over 40 bosses for the 2019 Boss of the Year recognition.
“For the 10th year in a row, we are recognizing outstanding leaders in the workplace. What makes this award unique is that nominations come from the leader’s direct reports. In the lab of actual workplaces, around 25 students from Saint Martin’s University are examining a dozen finalists to uncover what makes these bosses excel in leading their teams. The student’s analysis is incorporated into the selection process for the 2019 Boss of the Year Awards,” says Reid Bates, Owner at Express Employment Professionals.
Past honorees include:
- Kevin Stormans, Stormans Inc.
- Joseph Wadsworth, Custom Source Woodworking
- Angela White, Olympia Master Builders
- Zach Kosturos, Prime Locations
- Heather Burgess, Phillips Burgess Law
- Jim Larson, Morningside
- Dave Nickerson, Tumwater Valley Golf Course
- Kevin Johnston, Capital Mall
- Rozanne Garman, RHD Enterprises
- Ed Galligan, Port of Olympia
- Ron Bruchet, GHB Insurance
- Melissa Jenkins, The Olympian
- Meagan Darrow, TOGETHER!
- Steve Hall, the City of Olympia
- Dr. Yong Liu, State Department of Agriculture
- Rae-Lynn Bidon, Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
- Joseph Di Santo, Panorama
- Heidi West, America’s Credit Union
- Dr. Terrence Hess, Foot & Ankle Surgical Associates
- Steve Brooks, Lacey Fire District 3
- Jessica Jensen, Jessica Jensen Law PS
- Joe Ingoglia, Boys & Girls Club of Thurston County
- Mariella Cummings, Physicians of Southwest Washington
- Robert Coit, Thurston County Food Bank
- Mike Harbour, Intercity Transit
- Mike Strub, LOTT Clean Water Alliance
- Bruce Cramer, O Bee Credit Union
- John Setterstrom, Lucky Eagle Casino
The recognition event will take place on Wednesday, December 11 at the Hotel RL Olympia beginning at 11:30 a.m. with a lunch buffet and recognition program starting at 12 p.m. To make a reservation to attend, register online at thurstonchamber.com
When: Wednesday, December 11 at 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Hotel RL Olympia-Downstairs Ballroom- 2300 Evergreen Park Dr SW, Olympia, WA 98502
What: Forum includes lunch, and the cost is $35 for general admission, $25 for prepaid Chamber members, and $30 for members or $35 for non-members at the door.
Thank you to our sponsors, Bakala State Farm, The Firs Senior Living Community and TwinStar Credit Union.
Featured photo credit: Lourdes Collins