Submitted by Washington State Department of Transportation
Nighttime travelers can expect consecutive nights of Interstate 5 pavement repair that will require lane closures in the Olympia and Lacey area this week. There are several nights when northbound I-5 will be reduced to one lane.
Work begins later this evening, Monday, June 17. This important work will help preserve the highway.
Northbound I-5 –Nisqually
- 7 p.m. Monday, June 17 – right lane closure
- 10 p.m. – northbound I-5 reduced to one lane
- All lanes will reopen by 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 18
Areas between Pacific Avenue and Marvin Road
- 7 p.m. each weeknight – single-lane closure
- 10 p.m. – triple-lane closure
- All lanes will reopen at 5 a.m. each following day.
Northbound I-5 – Nisqually
- 10 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday, June 21-24
- Two of the three northbound lanes will remain open.
- The two open lanes will be narrower than usual with a reduced speed limit of 35 mph.
WSDOT keeps people, businesses and the economy moving by operating and improving the state’s transportation systems. To learn more about what we’re doing, go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/news for pictures, videos, news and blogs. Real time traffic information is available at wsdot.com/traffic or by dialing 511.
Featured photo credit: Chris Hamilton