The top 456 local track athletes from 13 South Sound high schools competed Friday May 3, 2019 in Tumwater at the 55th annual Bob Shaner Invitational. In this closes, invitation only meet, each school from Olympia, Capital, Tumwater, Black Hills, Timberline, North Thurston, River Ridge, Yelm, Shelton, Northwest Christian, W.F. West, Centralia, and Aberdeen
get to pick their top athlete to compete in each event. Events also featured extra invite athletes, selected from the above schools as well as a few others, to fill any available competitive positions in each event.
The team from Olympia won the event. (212.4 combined team points) Second place went to Timberline (167.2 points) and third place to W.F. West from Chehalis (146.5) who narrowly beat Tumwater (143). All event statistics were recorded on Athletic.net. Personal or seasonal records were set by the following athletes.
- 100m John Kwakye 11.16a (1.8) PR Olympia
- 400m Will Anderson 49.80 PR Olympia
- 800m Brock Knowles 1:56.88a PR Shelton
- 1600m Austen Apperson 4:14.80a PR Adna
- Pole Vault Colby Wilson 15-00.00 PR Capital
- Long Jump Wyatt Johnson 21-04.25 PR Aberdeen
- 100m Ashley Babkirk 12.69a (.6) SR Timberline
- 200m Taylor Woodworth 26.15a (.3) PR River Ridge
- 400m Ava Wolin 59.23a PR Olympia
- 100m Hurdles Margaret Zilla 16.48a (.9) SR River Ridge
- 300m Hurdles Victoria Silverman 46.26a SR Shelton
- Shot Put Beatrice Asomaning 39-06.75 PR Olympia
- Long Jump Trinity Payment 17-01.25 SR Shelton