It looks like another weekend of no rain and even some sunshine to finish off January! From volunteer activities and frog science to health fairs and auctions, there are plenty of things to do in Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey and throughout Thurston County this weekend. You can access the full calendar here. Check out our highlights below.
- Bid on cool items and support a great cause with Pizza Klatch’s online Auction starting January 25.
- Walk the King Tide with DERT at Traditions Cafe January 25.
- Listen to KGY-KAYO and bid on your favorite items with their Big On-Air Auction starting January 26.
- Learn about Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest at the WET Science Center January 26.
- Clean out your kid’s closet and teach them about giving back with the Caring Kids: Caring Hearts Drive at Child Care Action Council January 26.
- Join the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum for their annual meeting on January 26.
- Get up close with New York Times bestselling author of “Last Child in the Woods” and “The Nature Principle” Richard Louv at The Washington Center for the Performing Arts January 26.
- Explore the Alternative Health Fair at The Triad Theater January 26-27.
- Purchase your tickets for a Super Bowl Sunday you won’t forget at Little Creek Casino Resort.
- Celebrate the sunshine with a milkshake at one of these Thurston County spots.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.