While the calendar still says it’s winter (until March 20, the official first day of spring) our weather has felt decidedly “springish” and, the number of soccer practices I’ve all of a sudden started to drive to in the evenings confirms that spring is just about here. And, to celebrate spring, and Saint Patrick’s Day this weekend, dive into our list of exciting and diverse events around our area this weekend.
- Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day at O’Blarney’s Irish Pub, our area’s original Irish hangout.
- Immerse yourself in song with the SPSCC Chorus and Chamber Choir at Friday’s concert.
- Learn about the new Plum Street YMCA opening soon in downtown Olympia.
- Find some St. Paddy’s Day green on these local nature hikes.
- Grab a coffee while enjoying ThurstonTalk’s newest stories at the new Tumwater Dutch Bros.
- Head to LBA Park for Arbor Day activities on Saturday.
- Yell BINGO at Friday night’s Lucky Leprechaun 21+ Bingo at the Olympia Center.
- Enjoy the magical music of Jennifer Hermann and the SPSC Orchestra at Saturday’s concert.
- Cheer the contestants at Sunday’s WA State Taekwondo Championships.
- Browse the unique finds at the Olympic Flight Museum’s Military Show and Sale.
- Sit down with your calendar and get these major events and festivals for 2018 added.
- Do some early spring cleaning (and redecorating) with these tips from local experts.
- Experience Kate DiCamillo’s The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane at Olympia Family Theater all weekend.
- Plan your perfect patio with outdoor living tips from Professional Stone Products.
- Sign the kids up now for a 2018 Spring Break camp.
- Dig into a Blintz at the 30th Annual Blitzapalooza at Temple Beth Hatfiloh on Sunday.
- Decide which Easter Egg Hunt your family will attend this year. List of local hunts here.
- Take a tasty (and thirsty) trip to the coast for Seaside’s 9th annual Pouring at the Coast.
- Find out if the dental assisting program at SPSCC is right for you. Deadlines for registration are drawing near.
- Put your feet up and let dinner come to you. Delivery options for Thurston County found here.
- Dig razor clams!
- Take in Harlequin Productions’ newest show, The Art of Racing in the Rain.
- Plan to enjoy State Parks for free on Monday, March 19.
- Submit an event for our calendar here.
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.
*Photo credit: Chris Hamilton