Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as ThurstonTalk’s new full-time Community Content Creator. Combine your passion for social media with interviewing skills to share positive stories about what it’s like to live, work, and play in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and throughout Thurston County.
We are looking for an efficient, collaborative, team player to engage with the community through social media posts for ThurstonTalk and our six sister sites as well as being active in the community, sourcing stories. The fast-paced environment requires the ability to plan ahead and be available to quickly change directions. The Community Content Creator must be professional and display confidence working with a wide variety of people.
The Community Content Creator will engage the community and take our brand to the next level.
- Prepare daily social media posts for ThurstonTalk and our six sister sites.
- Utilize social media to source and distribute content.
- Interview community members for stories.
- Craft articles that are professional and meet ThurstonTalk’s publishing standards.
- Snap photos to post to social media that reflect what’s happening in our community.
- Attend community events and meetings as a representative of ThurstonTalk. (Some weekend and evening work may be required.)
- Take photos at community events.
- Meet due dates and deadlines.
- Use video to share stories, when appropriate.
- Respond positively to direction and constructive feedback from editors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required.
- Proven ability to effectively navigate social media and use technology tools to advance stories via social media
- At least 2 years experience in writing, marketing, advertising, or digital media preferred
- Sincere passion for sharing positive stories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a position that required excellent organizational and time management skills
- Showcase attention to detail skills
- Comfortable networking and meeting new people while representing our brand
- Proven ability to work toward solutions to problems and collaborate on ideas
This position is based in Olympia. The ideal candidate will live in Thurston County. You must have reliable transportation to travel throughout Thurston County to handle assignments. It will be important that you have prior experience managing your own time to complete tasks without direct supervision.
A complete application will include:
- Current resume
- 200-word writing sample about why you love your community
- Please do not include any other attachments or work samples, unless requested.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 20.