Fall is in the air. The mornings are crisp, the leaves are beginning to turn and darkness is falling earlier and earlier. I, for one, am ready for scarf and boot season and I may get my wish next week if my weather app is accurate. But for now, the weekend looks crisp, sunny and decidedly fall-like full of soccer and outdoor adventures our family. What does your family have planned? If the answer is, “We aren’t sure.” then check out our list of weekend highlights below. As always, our full Events Calendar page shows all the goings on around Thurston County.
- View the migrating salmon, and following seals, from a kayak.
- Stroll the State Capitol grounds after reading this history of it’s design.
- Visit the newly restored Tivoli Fountain while you are there.
- Spend Friday evening eating good food and touring gorgeous homes at “Chefs on Tour”.
- Purchase your tickets now for the Washington Center’s gala and awards event.
- Sign up for an aquatic program at the YMCA. Veteran instructor Jackie Barratt just might be your teacher.
- Enjoy the final weekend of Harlequin Productions’ August: Osage County.
- Drop the kids at 90Ten Training Academy’s Parent’s Night Out.
- Spend Saturday morning at “Sweat for Texas”, a fundraising walk/run/stroller event at Marathon Park.
- Head to Tumwater stadium for Saturday morning’s Stronger Together Cancer Challenge soccer match.
- Take the grandkids to the Hands On Children’s Museum. Discounts for grandparents all month long courtesy of Panorama.
- Be inspired at this weekend’s Olympia Master Builder’s Tour of Homes.
- Pick up a new sport. Disc golf is all the rage with several local courses and a low cost.
- Get excited for the new Craft District in Tumwater and Sandstone Distillery’s new location coming soon.
- Stretch your legs and raise funds and awareness at Sunday’s Alzheimer’s Walk.
- Check out the Olympia Zine Club Saturday at 3:00 p.m.
- Find out if a new career as an in-home caregiver with FirstLight Home Care is right for you.
- Immerse yourself in classical chamber music on Saturday night at the Washington Center.
- Seek out migrating salmon at several locations in this article.
- Squeak one more weekend of summer fun out with our end-of-summer bucket list.
- Visit an open house event this weekend. Click here to see the list of Van Dorm Realty’s open houses.
*Photo credit: Diane Waiste
ThurstonTalk aims to be your source for positive information and events happening in Olympia. If you have a suggestion for a post, send us a note at email@example.com. For more events and to learn what’s happening in Olympia and the surrounding area, visit our events calendar.